My Family

My Family
Smile, God loves you

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Help those in Need

A Mouse, Pig, Cow and Snake

Little mouse was hungry. He looked through a crack in the kitchen wall. The farmer and his wife were opening a brown package. “Maybe it’s our dinner." thought Little Mouse. The farmer removed the new mouse trap.

“Oh my! It can’t be! It’s a mouse trap!” cried Little Mouse and he ran outside to the barnyard.

Little Mouse hurried to the fence to warn Mr. Rooster. “There’s a mouse trap in the house! Oh my, sound the alarm. There’s a mouse trap on the farm!”

“CROW, CROW, CROW!” said Mr. Rooster. He jumped down and strutted around Little Mouse. “The alarm is only for you. The trap is of no consequence to me. I can’t be bothered by your trouble.”

Little Mouse scurried over to Mr. Pig who was wallowing in the mud. “There’s a mouse trap in the house. Oh my, sound the alarm. There’s a mouse trap on the farm!”

“SQUEAL, SQUEAL, SQUEAL,” said Mr. Pig. “I am so very sorry Little Mouse but there is nothing I can do about it. I hope that you will be alright.”

Little Mouse saw Miss Cow chewing hay. “There’s a mouse trap in the house! Oh my, sound the alarm. There’s a mouse trap on the farm!”

“MOO, MOO, MOO,” said Miss Cow. “That doesn’t matter to me. I’m sorry for your trouble but I can’t help you.”

So Little Mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected to face the farmer's mouse trap alone.

The house was dark and silent. Suddenly a sound was heard throughout the house. It sounded like the snap of a mouse trap catching its prey. The farmer’s wife rushed to see what was caught.

In the darkness, she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught.

The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer took his wife to the hospital.
She returned home but she continued to sweat heavily with a high fever.

“I know what you need to make you feel better,” said the famer. “I will cook you some fresh chicken soup.” The farmer went to the barnyard caught the rooster and made soup.”

The farmer’s wife continued to have a fever. Her family and friends came to sit with her.
The farmer said to his friends and family, “You must be hungry. I will roast the pig for our dinner.” They all ate until their bellies were round as barrels.

After many weeks the farmer’s wife was well. She said, “Let us have a grand celebration to show God our appreciation.”

The farmer agreed, “I will bar-b-que the cow.” He had enough meat to serve all his family, friends and Little Mouse.
Heb 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment